Winter Camp XLVII Planning
|Youth Leader:||Connor J.|
|Activity Leader:||Ryan S.|
|Activity Adviser:||Michael B.|
|Kitchen Leader:||Sam B.|
|Kitchen Adviser:||Doug W.|
|Marketing Manager:||Michael B.|
|Marketing Adviser:||Matt G.|
|Registration Adviser:||Steve D.|
|Participation Adviser:||Ethan R.|
Pay for Winter Camp XLVII, the 2023 Migisi Opawgan Winter Fellowship
Payment for Winter Camp must be made on the Michigan Crossroads Council website:
- XLVII Initial Planning Meeting Minutes
- Minutes from the first planing meeting of 2023
- XLVII Planning Minutes May 24
- Minutes of our second planning meeting of 2023.
Feel free to post your thoughts and comments on planning for Winter Camp XLVII!
Check out what everyone else is saying:
- On Thursday, 30-Nov-2023 20:30:06 EST, Steve D. said
- We are at 19 total registered, 14 adults and 5 youth.
I think we have nearly all the adults registered, so it's now it's time to tell your friends in the chapter to sign up.
- On Monday, 27-Nov-2023 23:49:22 EST, Steve D said
- We are up to 13 registered for camp.
- On Saturday, 25-Nov-2023 21:55:26 EST, Alan said
- and it doesn't respect bcc: anymore. Oh well, I guess you're all getting to: from now on
- On Saturday, 25-Nov-2023 21:23:03 EST, Alan said
- Test post for the notifier script. If it works, welcome back everyone! The last message I got from the script before it broke was on 2022-11-07. I think I found something that might be a bit more break resistant.
- On Friday, 24-Nov-2023 20:45:58 EST, Uncle Ethan said
- I called Steve about this after I left the meeting, but I think we ought to have a Scouts Own service after breakfast on Sunday, December 31. I can bring a script for a service, but I would have no problem if someone wants to come up with a different one.
- On Friday, 24-Nov-2023 20:45:01 EST, Uncle Ethan said
- I am writing to confirm that I'll bring stuff to turn books into secret boxes (books, knives, etc) and 4 sets of checkers to camp this year.
- On Tuesday, 21-Nov-2023 22:37:11 EST, Steve D. said
- What if we took Ethan's checkers idea and made it a little different. Everyone gets M&M's to play checker's with and if you capture a piece you can add it to your collection or eat it. It could run all weekette with pickup games. At the end of the week, the winner is the one with the most M&Ms. You'd have to both do well at checkers and resist temptation to win.
- On Friday, 03-Nov-2023 21:50:18 EDT, Steve D. said
- Another thought: maybe we clould have a deduction challenge. There are `a pretty fair number of boardgames that rely on deductive reasoning (Clue and Mastermind for example), plus some lesser known titles.
We could have a "Sherlock Homes Gaming" contest.
- On Thursday, 02-Nov-2023 10:50:11 EDT, Steve D. said
- I was thinking it might be fun to have a charcuterie board contest. Each team gets the same collection of stuff and tries to arrange it in an aesthetic way.
- On Friday, 27-Oct-2023 07:44:17 EDT, Uncle Ethan said
- I think we should do Arrowman Bingo or some similar get to know each other activity. I think it's been a few years since we've done Bingo, but I could be wrong about that.
- On Thursday, 26-Oct-2023 23:48:46 EDT, Uncle Ethan said
- if I remember correcly, we didn't have the right equipment for four square last year. I can bring a ball this time around. It's my favorite playground game, so I'd love to play it. I think we could do it in the Hay Pavilion. On that note, is James Hay the only lodge adviser with a building named after or dedicated to him at D-A who did not attend Winter Camp? The others I'm thinking of are Mr. Oatley and Mr. Draper.
- On Thursday, 26-Oct-2023 23:47:01 EDT, Uncle Ethan said
- I've got enough books to make secret boxes as a craft project. I'm pretty sure any youth who were around last time we did that are now adults.
- On Thursday, 26-Oct-2023 23:45:49 EDT, Uncle Ethan said
- If we didn't pick a movie, I vote for Clue
- On Thursday, 12-Oct-2023 21:06:34 EDT, Steve D. said
- What about a version of Guess Who where all the character pictures are of famous detectives?
- On Tuesday, 25-Apr-2023 23:24:13 EDT, Uncle Ethan said
- I volunteer to organize a single elimination checkers tournament to take place during free time throughout the weekette at this year's Winter Camp.
- On Monday, 30-Jan-2023 19:04:44 EST, Steve D. said
- Kristie found the playground ball and it has now appeared on a playground. It is unlikely it will make it to Winter Camp.
- On Wednesday, 04-Jan-2023 16:42:36 EST, Steve D. said
- I've purchased a playground ball and a volleyball which will be available at Winter Camp this year if they are needed.